Saturday 12 May 2018

Seeds, Seeds, Seeds - and some Gourds


Bellow is my next seed haul- I wanted to do a experiment what would be lest costly. So I went to www.OSCseeds.com and ordered some quick to grow vegetables. But also a but of a treat for myself- a big bag of bee friendly flowers-
I plan on using the seeds to mix into a pulp of paper to make some seed bombs- that video will be out later in the week (whenever I get the seeds)
The selection online definitely is something to be attracted too, as not a lot of people can go to a hardware store and pick up a wide seed variety. But the hardware/garden store is convenient.
Please join me in watching the garden grow as we continue our experiments in growing sustainably- 
If you find you are late buying seeds please use my list bellow as a guide on what to plant.



As you can see I ordered a lot of squash- ( I plan on canning them and selling them at a market)
I'm a bit of a Squash nut- but for good reason- you could prepare and store squash in almost unambitious ways. There is gnocchi, pastas, powdered and put into bread , steamed ,canned, pureed, and roasted. My mouth is watering just thinking of it- plus I have many different ways to plant squashes. My favorite being the Dump and plant method.
Squash are natural composting super houses. So if you have a very anaerobic compost pile just remove the "hardware" ( the bin) leave the pile where it is - cover with some black earth- dose not have to be very much and then mulch/dirty hay. Then plant.
I guarantee you will have the happiest gourds you have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Garden With Lauraetta : Potato Tower 2018/06/16

In the garden today as you can see we have a potato tower that I have going. I didn’t reading up a lot on people with grow bags. The ...